28 Sep 2017

Minutes: 18th September 2017


DRAFT MINUTES

CHEARSLEY PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER 2017 IN THE CRICKET CLUB AT 7.30PM

PRESENT

Councillors:                                         Nic Brown (NB), John Lewis (JL), Paul Bown (PAB), John Howard (JH)

Parish Clerk:                                       Helen Spurgeon

Parishioners:                                      There were 3 Parishioners

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

NB declared an interest in the planning application for Donnalea. 

PARISHIONERS QUESTION TIME

There were no questions.

1.       APOLOGIES

Martin Hearmon (MH), Julia Witcher (JW), Michael Edmonds (ME), Michael Hawkett, Robert Parkes.



2.       APPROVAL OF JULY 2017 MINUTES

Minutes were agreed as a true record and signed by Chairman, Nic Brown.



3.       MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES

        Hedge by the Cricket Club needs cutting back. ACTION: JH to ensure this is done by the Cricket Club.

        Trees in Village. ACTION: ME to identify on a map trees the Parish Council are responsible for. ACTION: Clerk to request ME sends out map ASAP.

        Insurance policy review & asset register. We are now in possession of the asset register. ACTION: Clerk to contact insurance provider to confirm the insurance is up to date.

        BCC grass cuts. PAB raised concerns to BCC over several phone calls that the grass verges are not being cut yet we are paying for this service. ACTION: PAB to write official letter of complaint to BCC. The Parish Council is responsible for common ground in the parish boundary of which there is only one piece at the bottom of the village. The PC agreed to look into the devolution of grass cutting following a response from BCC to our letter of complaint. ACTION: Clerk to contact Venetia Davies and BCC to gather information regarding devolution. ACTION: Clerk to agenda devolution for November meeting.

        Emergency reception and rest centres. The Cricket Club is not on the register due to legal complexities.

        Mike Heybrook’s footpath report. ACTION: JH to email Mike Heybrook to see if it is possible to get the work done.

        Chearsley flag and PC logo.  ACTION: NB to organise an informal meeting for Councillors to discuss the options.

        New dog bin at Stoney Furlong. Due to be installed the last week of September.

        Grit bins. These are to be refurbished by Bucks Landscapes. Councillors agreed to the provision of a new grit bin in the vicinity of Stoney Furlong. ACTION: NB to order new grit bin.

        Hedge on Hicks Path. This has been pruned.

        Bus shelter works. Neil Warburton is putting plans together.

        Parking bays on Church Lane. ACTION: NB to speak to contractor for specification/quote.

        Grove Farm. The Clerk has contacted Environmental Health at AVDC regarding complaints of a bad smell. Further information was requested. ACTION: Clerk to email this information to AVDC.



4.       PLANNING

·         16/03565/APP – 2-4 Winchendon Road

The PC opposed the application with Councillors JW, PAB, ME and MH opposing the application and Councillors JH, JL and NB supporting the application.

·         17/03067/APP – Donnalea, Aylesbury Road, Chearsley HP18 0BS

A site meeting took place on 14th September. The PC opposed the application due to an overdevelopment of the site and inadequate parking provision.

·         17/03246/APP – Chearsley Barn, Chilton Road, Chearsley

ACTION: Clerk to submit no objections to AVDC.



5.       CORRESPONDENCE

An email was received from a Parishioner regarding a tree near Orchard Close, Shupps Lane that needs pruning. ACTION: Clerk to email Dave Smith at TfB to chase up the work and suggest Parishioner does the same.



6.       CONTRIBUTIONS FROM AVDC AND BCC COUNCILLORS

There were no AVDC or BCC councillors present.



7.       FINANCE

·         The auditors have raised a couple of queries with the Annual Return. The annual return was approved by the Parish Council at the meeting held on 15/05/17. There is a query with the figures in section 2. ACTION: RP to resolve query and return documents to Mazars.

·         The monthly finance report has been circulated to Councillors. Going forward Councillors would like to see expenditure and balance on the monthly finance report. This could then be reported in the minutes each month. ACTION: RP to add expenditure and balance to the monthly finance report.



8.       REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS ATTENDING MEETINGS AND OUTSIDE ORGANISATIONS

Councillors JH and MH attended the TfB Stakeholder Conference on 12/09/17. The main purpose of the conference was for TfB to update Parish Councils on some of the important strands of their work: potholes, gullies, grass, street lighting and winter. There was a workshop which illustrated the challenges TfB face in putting together their annual programme of works against a background of scarce and declining resources. JH has circulated an email to councillors with more detailed information.



9.       TfB FEASIBILITY STUDY

The initial report has been received but it does not include costings which are due later this week. The report suggests creating an ‘olde worlde’ environment as you enter the village to encourage traffic to slow down. Suggestions include enhanced gateway features, looking at traffic signs and narrowing of the carriageway by the bus stops. A softly, softly approach is recommended to slow traffic rather than flashing signs. Councillors will meet next week to review the report. It was suggested the report is shared with the village by means of a presentation.



10.   APPLICATION FOR LAF FUNDING

The PC needs to provide the detail to support the £5k of existing funding that has been ring fenced for traffic calming measures in Chearsley. The PC will put in an application for 2018/19 funding towards the later phase of traffic calming. JH and JL will attend the next LAF meeting on 21/09/17.



11.   LAF SPEED SENTINEL

MH attended the training session. He will put together a plan for when Chearsley have the equipment over the next 6 months.



12.   UPDATE ON DEFIBRILLATOR

It has been agreed to install a defibrillator in the car park of The Bell pub. The brewery have agreed that it can go on the wall on the right as you enter the car park. This makes installation easier as there is already an electricity supply here. JL has been gathering quotes. The company who Haddenham used have quoted £900 for the unit, £300 for the cabinet and £300 for 10 years support. ACTION: JL to check who Cuddington used. There is £1500 of village fete funds to put towards the purchase. There will also be an installation cost. The PC will fund any shortfall.



13.   UPDATE ON HORSE CHESTNUT TREE

The work on the tree is booked in with South Bucks Tree Surgeons at a cost of £1176.



14.   PARISHIONERS QUESTION TIME

With reference to the planning application for Donnalea, a Parishioner asked how much notice does AVDC take of PC objections on planning matters. The decision will be based on planning policies but the PC view is taken into account. If the PC objects then the application has to go to the planning committee. Notification should be given of the date of the planning committee meeting. Parishioners have the right to speak at this meeting if they have objected.

Two Parishioners expressed concerns over privacy as the application at Donnalea is for 2 storey buildings to replace a bungalow. Concerns were also expressed over the number of residents that could in future be living on the plot of a 2-bed bungalow.



15.   ITEMS FOR INFORMATION

·         Vale of Aylesbury Local Plan - Parishes Seminar on 4th October 2017. JL & JW to attend.

·         War Memorial repair and conservation. JL and the Clerk have almost completed the War Memorials Trust Grant Application form. They are trying to ascertain who owns the memorial which sits on unregistered land, the Councillors had no further information. ACTION: Clerk to email Fenella Tillier to see if she knows. A minimum of 3 quotes for the work now need to be obtained.

The PC need to apply for a road closure for Remembrance Sunday from 10.45 to 11.30am on Winchendon Road between the memorial and the horse chestnut tree. ACTION: Clerk to email Sue Jones and Dave Smith to request closure.

·         Training. PB asked the Clerk to look into what training is available on analysing planning applications. ACTION: Clerk to report back at next meeting.



16.   DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING in Chearsley Cricket Club

·         Monday 16th October 2017 at 7.30pm