DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY JANUARY 25TH 2010 IN THE VILLAGE HALL
1. PRESENT Cllr Brown Hytten, Mrs Dormer, Edmonds, Miss Gibson, Mrs Timberlake, Mrs Towell 3 members of the public, Parish Clerk.
2. APOLOGIES District Cllr Smith. It was agreed that best wishes for a speedy recovery be sent to him
3. PUBLIC SESSION (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS) 15 MINUTES MAXIMUM Mrs Samson reported that the ditch in the ‘Old Cricket Field’ had had a bridge put over it by Highways. She also complimented the Parish Council on the success of the Christmas tree on the Green.
The Chairman thanked Cllr Ms Gibson for organizing a task force to clear the snow earlier in the month.
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES NOVEMBER 10TH 2009 There were two amendments to the minutes. Cllr Mrs Timberlake asked that thanks be recorded to Mr John Fallon for his help with the clearing of Stockwell in October. It was also recorded that payments to parish councillors were to re-imburse them for expenditure regarding purchase of Christmas tree and lights.
Agreed as a true record - proposed Cllr Edmonds seconded Cllr Mrs Dormer.
5. APPROVAL OF BUDGET A precept of £ 6000.00 was agreed for 2010 -2011. Proposed Cllr Edmonds seconded Cllr Hytten.
6. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES Grit bins. It was noted that no all bins were filled, due to parked cars blocking access. It was suggested that some of the locations be changed and that more grit should be stored at the top of the village. Council approved yellow bins at a cost of £ 400.00 should be looked at. Cllr Edmonds suggested applying to him for Community Leader’s grant towards this project.
7. USE OF CHRISTMAS LIGHTS AT FETE It was suggested that the Christmas lights could be used at the Fete. An application to be submitted to trust for a spur to put power points on the Green.
8. WEB CAMERA It was agreed that there would be no further action.
9. LANES AND HIGHWAYS Closure of Winchendon Road 8th and 9th February
10. PLANNING There were no planning matters
11. ORDERS FOR PAYMENT AND FINANCIAL MATTERS
12. PUBLIC SESSION (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS) It was agreed to pursue the installation of benches on the Green prior to path repairs.
The Parish council would look into contingency plans for snow clearance in future.
It was noted that overhanging hedges were the responsibility of the landowners, and that this should be bought to their attentions
13. DATE AND TIMES OF NEXT MEETINGS March 1st 2010