9 Sep 2013

Minutes: September 9th 2013

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

HELD ON MONDAY SEPTEMBER 9TH 2013 IN THE CRICKET CLUB PAVILLION

PRESENT
Councillors Brown, Edmonds, Lewis, Mrs Lazaruk, Mrs Towell, 13 member of the public, Parish Clerk,

APOLOGIES
There were no apologises
  1. PUBLIC SESSION (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS) 15 MINUTES MAXIMUM
    Proposals for housing in the Village. The chairman advised the meeting that the integrity of the Parish Council was paramount and they would comment on applications as and when received. Cllr Edmonds advised the meeting that AVDC would act according to District plan.
     
  2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES JULY 17th 2013
    Agreed as a true record, proposed Cllr Mrs. Towell, seconded Cllr Mrs. Lazaruk
     
  3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
    Covered elsewhere in the agenda
     
  4. HIGHWAYS AND OPEN AREAS
    Dog bins have been finalized. The Chairman thanked Cllr Mrs. Towell for her actions.
    Chearsley has been named as runner up in Best Kept Village competition.
    Grass verges in Village will only be strimmed – policy has changed. Guidance notes will be issued to villagers.
    Cattle Station at Grove Farm - damage to verges has been reported. Visibility is bad on the bend and bakery waste being fed to cattle is attracting seagulls, and plastic is blowing around fields.
    A new planning application is likely to be submitted for electronic gates at the site.
    Local Area forum. Is has been suggested that Chearsley share a mobile VAS device with Cuddington.
     
  5. PLANNING
    The View, Winchendon Rd. The Parish Council will not support the application as the site is in an area of attractive landscape, outside building line, and the objections are the same as they were in 2011.
     
  6. VILLAGE PLAN
    Responses have been received from 80-90 people- and extension has been agreed on to allow further comments to be made. Summary of comments will be produced after the 20th September.
     
  7. ORDERS FOR PAYMENT AND FINANCIAL MATTERS
    Payments approved
     
  8. NOTICE OF VACANCY
    The Parish Council can co-opt a new member if less that 10 people ask for an election
     
  9. CORRESPONDENCE
    Wychert Way Footpath
    Community Impact Bucks
    Rural services Network Newsletter
DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETINGS
14th October 2013

Meeting closed 9.00 pm

17 Jun 2013

Minutes: June 17th 2013

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

HELD ON MONDAY JUNE 17TH 2013 IN THE VILLAGE HALL

PRESENT
Councillors Lewis in the Chair, Mrs Lazaruk, Mrs Towell, 1 member of the public, Parish Clerk,

APOLOGIES
Cllrs Brown, Edmonds
  1. PUBLIC SESSION (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS) 15 MINUTES MAXIMUM
    Thanks were received for the support received from the Parish council regarding the planning application at Bernard’s Close
     
  2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES JUNE 17 2013
    Agreed as a true record, after amendment it item 13- the tree is a sycamore not a lime tree.
     
  3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
    Covered elsewhere in the agenda
     
  4. HIGHWAYS AND OPEN AREAS
    Flag pole to be moved to the other side of the hedge, to the left of was memorial.
    Grove Farm damage to verges by lorries going in and out of site. This has been reported to Highways.
    It was agreed that the dog bins would be placed on Church Lane by the footpath opposite the Shupps Lane/Church Lane Elbow and at the bottom of church Lane.
    Church Lane road sign by Shupps Lane junction to be repaired.
    VAS application has been submitted. A license fee of £ 350.00 + VAT has been paid, which is returnable if the engineer does not find locations suitable.
     
  5. PLANNING
    Tree works to trees on Footpaths when trees are overlooking private properties.
    Cllr Lewis declared an Interest, and asked what the policy was regarding trees planted in the past by Parish Council which were growing over private property. A survey of trees planted by Parish Council will be needed.
     
  6. VILLAGE PLAN
    No further developments since last meeting.
     
  7. UNMETERED ELECTRICITY SUPPLY
    Eon are trying to invoice Parish council for light at Church Piece that does not work. Proof of usage has been requested. It was suggested that it be removed completely
     
  8. ORDERS FOR PAYMENT AND FINANCIAL MATTERS
    Accounts have been returned by internal auditors and approved. To be sent to external auditors by the end of the week.
     
  9. UNMETERED ELECTRICITY SUPPLY
    Eon have been chasing payment for street lighting at Church Piece. They have been asked to provide details of usage as the light has not worked for some time.
     
  10. CORRESPONDENCE
    Members code of Conduct Template
    Armed Forces Day Aylesbury Rugby Club Weston Turville 29th June
    Hydration Campaign
    Summer Activities in Aylesbury vale
    Rural Vulnerability Service
    Bucks SLCC AGM and Conference – 12th July
DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETINGS
29th July 2013- meeting was subsequently cancelled

Meeting closed 8.45 pm

28 May 2013

Minutes: May 28th 2013

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

HELD ON MONDAY MAY 28TH 2013 AT THE CRICKET PAVILLION AT 8.00 PM.
(RECONVENED MEETING DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM THE PREVIOUS WEEK)

PRESENT
Councillors Brown, Edmonds Mrs Lazaruk, Lewis, Mrs Towell.
1 member of the public, Parish Clerk,

APOLOGIES
There were no apologies.
  1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN
    Cllr Edmonds proposed Cllr Brown. Seconded Cllr Mrs Towell. All agreed.
    Cllr Brown duly elected for the coming year
     
  2. ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN
    Cllr Brown proposed Cllr Lewis, seconded Cllr Edmonds. Cllr Lewis duly elected for the coming year.
     
  3. APPOINTMENT OF RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
    The Clerk was appointed as responsibe financial officer. All agreed.
     
  4. RESIGNATION LETTER FROM CLLR LEIF HYTTEN
    Cllr Hytten has resigned due to pressure of work. Vacancy to be publicised.

  5. PUBLIC SESSION (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS) 15 MINUTES MAXIMUM
    The Parish council was advised that the Windows at the new property being built at the Martins, Turnip Close was in breach of planning consent. Parish Council will visit the site.
     
  6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES 21stMARCH 2013
    Agreed as a true record, after amendment to show that the figure for kerbing was to be increased to £ 5,000.00 by drawing down from reserves.
     
  7. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
    There were no matters arising not covered elsewhere in the agenda.
     
  8. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
    Traffic Calming
    Moving of Flag Pole
    Fete on 29th June 2013
    Question regarding allocation of Trust Funds
    Cycle Route to Haddenham
     
  9. ACTION TAKEN ON FAILURE TO COMPLETE AUDIT OF PARISH COUNCIL ACCOUNTS
    The Chairman has been in contact with the auditors and agreed that late submission of the accounts will not happen again. The chairman has time and date of conversation on records, and has been assured by the Partner at Mazars that the case has been closed.
     
  10. HIGHWAYS AND OPEN AREAS
    Recent Damage to Dark Lane verges. A Letter has been received from Mr Peter Crook regarding damage to dark Lane by delivery lorry. This has been reported to Highways. Letter of complaint to be sent to builders.
    Best Kept Village competition- application has been submitted.
    Heathrow Hub at Haddenham-a letter has been received from John Bercow MP promising to support any objections.
     
  11. PLANNING
    AVDC amendments to Local Development Order –smaller extensions from 1st June
    Aylesbury Vale Local Plan Strategy –comments invited until 19th June - Councillors to be prepare a Comment for next meeting
    Tree works to trees on Footpaths when trees are overlooking private properties.
    Cllr Lewis declared an Interest, and asked what the policy was regarding trees planted in the past by Parish Council which were growing over private property. The chairman noted that it the Parish Council was responsible for all the trees planted in the past, there should be a substantial sum in the budget to cover the work. Next agenda.
    4 Bernard’s Close – approved
    Remaining tree on The Green. It was agreed after a show of hands that the last of the three lime trees should remain.
     
  12. VILLAGE PLAN
    Cllr Lewis reported the steering group will publish a draft plan early in July and hold a public meeting on the 17th July. Comments will be requested with voting in early August. It was hoped that the results would be published early in November, with final report in January 2014.
     
  13. ORDERS FOR PAYMENT AND FINANCIAL MATTERS
    Approval of accounts and appointment of external auditor
    The accounts were approved by the Parish Council and BKR Haines watts re-appointed as internal auditors.
     
  14. CORRESPONDENCE
    Members code of Conduct Template
    Rights of Way Newsletter
    Textile Recycling for the Parish,
    Rural services network Newsletter
    Community Impact newsletter
    Protection for Bell Public House
DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETINGS
17TH June 2013
22ND July 2013

18 Mar 2013

Minutes: March 18th 2013

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

HELD ON MONDAY MARCH 18TH 2013 IN THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30 .PM.

PRESENT
Councillors Brown, Edmonds Heybrook Mrs Lazaruk, Lewis, Mrs Towell
4 members of the public, Parish Clerk,

APOLOGIES
Cllr Hytten

PUBLIC SESSION (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS)
  • Cycle Path to Haddenham- agenda item.
  • Lorry damage to Green.
  • Some posts have been installed round the Green to protect verges.
  • The post by Prospect Cottage will be replaced.
  • It was suggested that decorative posts and chains be put round the Green, but this could be a hazard if people tripped over them.
  • HS2: An enquiry was made as to how much money had been spent opposing the project. Cllr Edmonds advised the meeting that AVDC had spent £150,000.00 and Bucks County council £500,000.00 to £750,000.
  • Bernard’s Close Planning Application:This will be considered by Development Control on the 11th April. There was considerable discussion about the recommendation that the application be approved.
  1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES 21st FEBRUARY 2013Agreed as a true record.
     
  2. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
    There were no matters arising not covered by the agenda
     
  3. PLANNING
    Crown reduction of Ash tree at the Bell in - no objection.
     
  4. VILLAGE PLAN
    Cycle Path
    Chiltern Railways and Network Rail have been contacted. The path would cross 650 metres of the flood plain, 85 metres of bridge over the river, at a cost of £80,000.00 for all weather tracks.
    Steering Committee reports from Groups.
    There will be a report in May and an open meeting in June, with the intention of a final consultation in the autumn.
     
  5. HIGHWAYS AND OPEN AREAS
    Re-instatement of Millennium recreation ground to agricultural use. It was agreed that the Parish Council would contribute to the removal of concrete slabs.
    Part of the LAF monies will be allocated retrospectively to Grit Bins as previously agreed.
    Kerbing:The Parish Council has allocated £5,000.00 to kerbing worst affected areas and Highways will be asked to match this.
     
  6. ORDERS FOR PAYMENT AND FINANCIAL MATTERS.
     
  7. CORRESPONDENCE
    News for the Parishes
    Parish online Newsletter
    Launch of 111 NHS number
    Police newsletter
    Community Impact Bucks newsletter
    BALC Parish Liaison Meeting notes
DATES AND TIMES OF NEXT MEETINGS
April 15th 2013
Annual Parish Meeting to be agreed

Meeting Closed 9.45 pm

MATTERS ARISING FROM THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
  • Traffic Calming
  • Moving of Flag Pole
  • Fete on 29th June 2013
  • Question regarding allocation of Trust Funds
  • Cycle Route to Haddenham

18 Feb 2013

Minutes: February 18th 2013

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

HELD ON MONDAY FEBRUARY 18TH 2013 IN THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30 .PM.

PRESENT
Councillors Brown, Heybrook and Lewis
4 members of the public, Parish Clerk,

APOLOGIES
Cllrs Hytten, Edmonds, Mrs Lazaruk, Mrs Towell

PUBLIC SESSION (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS)
  • Verges on Dark Lane.
  • Mrs Parkes reported that damage to verges in Dark Lane had increased recently due to building works. It was suggested that legal recourse should be investigated if lorry damage was witnessed.
  • A quad bike is causing noise nuisance at the bottom of Lower Green Lane. Chairman to investigate.
  • Dark Lanes drains are blocked again. This has been reported to Highways.
  • Long Meadow footpath diversion- the Parish Council will consider any application to divert footpath.
  1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES 21st FEBRUARY 2013
    Agreed as a true record.
     
  2. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
    There were no matters arising not covered by the agenda
     
  3. VILLAGE PLAN
    The results of the survey will be on the website shortly. Topic groups and steering group will analyse data and report back to steering group. Final document will be published in the autumn. 89 responses received from 240 questionnaires.
  4. HIGHWAYS AND OPEN AREAS
    Re-instatement of Millennium recreation ground to agricultural use. There is a concrete slab and some posts where the shelter was built which needs to be removed. Parish Council will need to agree funding for the cost of removing the concrete. Next agenda.
    Cycle Path to Haddenham: Cllr Heybrook walked a potential route on the 20th Jan, and this is to be pursued with the Village Plan steering group. Network Rail is interested and there is funding available from Pathways for Communities. Annual Parish Meeting agenda item.
    Kerbing: There is £4000.00 available in the reserves, including the community Leaders Fund Grant from Cllr Edmonds. This will provide a short stretch of kerbing. Cllr Heybrook will liaise with Village Plan to assess most urgent areas.
    Damage to Village Green from delivery lorries. It was suggested that temporary fencing as used for the fete could be placed round the affected areas while grass seed is sown to protect re-growth. All agreed
    Litter pick will be carried out on the 17th March.
    Reserve salt bags order by Parish Council will be placed in Church car park and by the Chilton Road bus stop for people to help themselves. This will be publicised on website and in the Bucks Herald.
    Closure of Lower Green lane for waterworks /carriage way repairs – 8th May 2013
     
  5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
    The Birches, Watts Green- Development Control meeting 7th February. The Chairman attended the Development Control meeting, and will make a formal complaint about the way the matter was handled.
    9 Elm brook Close – withdrawn
    The Old House, School Lane- site meeting on the 23rd February
    AVLC- Changes to officer delegated powers
     
  6. CORRESPONDENCE
    Flood Management Advice
    Funding for Fields
    Rural services Network Newsletter
    Thame Town council Neighbourhood Plan
    Gypsy and travellers needs assessment
    Theatre in the Villages 2013
    Litter Bin Information
DATES AND TIMES OF NEXT MEETINGS

March 18th 2013
April 15th 2013
Annual Parish Meeting to be agreed

Meeting Closed 9.30 pm

21 Jan 2013

Minutes: January 21st 2013

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

HELD ON MONDAY JANUARY 21ST 2013 IN THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30 .PM.

PRESENT
Councillors Brown, Hytten, Edmonds Lazaruk Lewis, Mrs Towell
2 members of the public, Parish Clerk,

APOLOGIES
Cllr Heybrook

PUBLIC SESSION (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS)
  • Light at Church Piece. Mr Fred Crawford has surveyed the inhabitants of Church Piece regarding the re-instatement of the light. Chairman advised him it was a matter for the Annual parish Meeting.
  • Diversion of footpath across Long Meadow land. An application to divert the footpath was made and then withdrawn a few years ago. Mr Persson will provide a map. Next agenda.
  • The drain at the bottom of Dark Lane is blocked again. Highways to be advised.
  • The potholes have been filled.
  • Church Piece Light
  • It was suggested that the street light be moved to the other side of Church Piece. Agenda item for annual Parish Meeting
  • The leak under Aylesbury Road has been reported again.
  1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES NOVEMBER 2012
    Agreed as a true record. Proposed Cllr Mrs. Lazaruk seconded Cllr Mrs. Towell.
     
  2. APPROVAL OF BUDGET.
    It was agreed that a precept of £7,000.00 should be applied for.
     
  3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
    There were no matters arising.
     
  4. COMMUNITY LEADERS FUND
     
  5. VILLAGE PLAN
    The questionnaire has been distributed and there were 85 responses from 240 leaflets. Planning group meeting to be arranged to review the results.
     
  6. HIGHWAYS AND OPEN AREAS
    Councillor Edmonds advised the Chairman that he had some money available in the Community Leaders Fund to allocate and suggested the Parish council apply for some funds for kerbing. Next agenda.
    Graffiti has been removed from bus shelters.
    Ivy Growth Lower Green Lane. This is the responsibility of the landowner.
    LAF Submission for 2013-4 by 31 Jan 2013. Allocation of funding for Mobile awareness signs to be decided March 2013 (Cost £ 2900) Can be shared by 2 parishes. Parish Council to be advised when the money is received.
    Grants are available each month for improvements in the village.
    There is a sandbag island on the Aylesbury road where there is a water leak that has still not been repaired. Report to Highways.
     
  7. PLANNNING APPLICATIONS
    The Birches, Watts Green- Development control Meeting 7th February
    4 Bernard’s Close - to comment by 24th January
    Minister Dark Lane – approved
    7 Old Plough Close – extension – approved
    It was noted that the replacement hedge along Hicks Path was holly.
     
  8. FINANCIAL MATTERS
    The Chairman advised the meeting that the carol singling at the tree raised £400.00
    The Parish Council was made aware that external audit had not been completed and agreed to ensure 2013 report would be filed by June
     
  9. CORRESPONDENCE
    AVDC Cabinet open to town and Parish councils – 30th Jan
    Community Impact Bucks Monthly Fact sheet
    HS2 Property Compensation events
    January Speed Campaign
    Rural Services Network newsletter
    Luton Airport Expansion planning
    Application for allocation of tickets to Waterside theatre.
SUMMARY AND SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS
  • Cllr Mrs. Lazaruk advised the meeting that two pupils from Waddesdon School who live in the village would like to do a short presentation to request a skate park. All agreed
DATES AND TIMES OF NEXT MEETINGS
February 18th.

Meeting Closed 8.40 pm