MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY JANUARY 21ST 2013 IN THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30 .PM.
Councillors Brown, Hytten, Edmonds Lazaruk Lewis, Mrs Towell
2 members of the public, Parish Clerk,
PUBLIC SESSION (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS)
- Light at Church Piece. Mr Fred Crawford has surveyed the inhabitants of Church Piece regarding the re-instatement of the light. Chairman advised him it was a matter for the Annual parish Meeting.
- Diversion of footpath across Long Meadow land. An application to divert the footpath was made and then withdrawn a few years ago. Mr Persson will provide a map. Next agenda.
- The drain at the bottom of Dark Lane is blocked again. Highways to be advised.
- The potholes have been filled.
- Church Piece Light
- It was suggested that the street light be moved to the other side of Church Piece. Agenda item for annual Parish Meeting
- The leak under Aylesbury Road has been reported again.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES NOVEMBER 2012
Agreed as a true record. Proposed Cllr Mrs. Lazaruk seconded Cllr Mrs. Towell.
- APPROVAL OF BUDGET.
It was agreed that a precept of £7,000.00 should be applied for.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
There were no matters arising.
- COMMUNITY LEADERS FUND
- VILLAGE PLAN
The questionnaire has been distributed and there were 85 responses from 240 leaflets. Planning group meeting to be arranged to review the results.
- HIGHWAYS AND OPEN AREAS
Councillor Edmonds advised the Chairman that he had some money available in the Community Leaders Fund to allocate and suggested the Parish council apply for some funds for kerbing. Next agenda.
Graffiti has been removed from bus shelters.
Ivy Growth Lower Green Lane. This is the responsibility of the landowner.
LAF Submission for 2013-4 by 31 Jan 2013. Allocation of funding for Mobile awareness signs to be decided March 2013 (Cost £ 2900) Can be shared by 2 parishes. Parish Council to be advised when the money is received.
Grants are available each month for improvements in the village.
There is a sandbag island on the Aylesbury road where there is a water leak that has still not been repaired. Report to Highways.
- PLANNNING APPLICATIONS
The Birches, Watts Green- Development control Meeting 7th February
4 Bernard’s Close - to comment by 24th January
Minister Dark Lane – approved
7 Old Plough Close – extension – approved
It was noted that the replacement hedge along Hicks Path was holly.
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
The Chairman advised the meeting that the carol singling at the tree raised £400.00
The Parish Council was made aware that external audit had not been completed and agreed to ensure 2013 report would be filed by June
AVDC Cabinet open to town and Parish councils – 30th Jan
Community Impact Bucks Monthly Fact sheet
HS2 Property Compensation events
January Speed Campaign
Rural Services Network newsletter
Luton Airport Expansion planning
Application for allocation of tickets to Waterside theatre.
- Cllr Mrs. Lazaruk advised the meeting that two pupils from Waddesdon School who live in the village would like to do a short presentation to request a skate park. All agreed
Meeting Closed 8.40 pm