MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY MAY 18TH 2015 IN THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30 PM
HELD ON MONDAY MAY 18TH 2015 IN THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30 PM
Councillors Brown, Edmonds, Heybrook, Lewis, Mrs Witcher
6 members of the public, Parish Clerk,
Cllrs John Howard and Paul Bown. The two new councillors were unable to attend due to prior engagements
- ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN
Cllr Lewis proposed Cllr Brown. Seconded Cllr Mrs. Witcher. There were no other nominations. Cllr Brown agreed to serve for the coming year. All agreed.
Cllr Brown duly elected for the coming year. A declaration of acceptance of office was signed.
The Chairman welcomed the newly appointed Parish Council, including the two new Councillors.
- ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN
Cllr Mrs. Mrs. Witcher proposed Cllr Lewis, seconded Cllr Heybrook .Cllr Lewis agreed to serve for the coming year.
Cllr Lewis duly elected for the coming year. A declaration of acceptance of office was signed.
- APPOINTMENT OF RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
The Clerk was proposed by Cllr Lewis, seconded Cllr Edmonds as responsible financial Officer. All agreed.
- APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVES TO VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE AND PCC
- PUBLIC SESSION (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS) 15 MINUTES MAXIMUM
Mrs. Tillier requested that all correspondence to the Parish Council be read out at the meeting, and to have correspondence included on the agenda. Councillor Edmonds proposed correspondence be added to the agenda after the public session.
Traffic Calming: Mrs. Dormer requested an update on speeding problems on Winchendon Road. The bridge works at Cuddington Mill have increased the flow of traffic, along the Winchendon Road.
Cuddington Parish Council has suggested a meeting with Dinton and Chearsley to address traffic issues. Cuddington are hoping to re-instate the Traffic Action group. Volunteers will be needed.
Mrs. Tillier requested that that Parish Council appoint a footpath Officer. Next agenda.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES FEBRUARY 16 TH 2015
Agreed as a true record. The informal meeting held in March is for information only.
There were no matters arising not covered elsewhere in the agenda.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Covered elsewhere in the agenda
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
Parking at Elm Brook Close: Plant and builders vehicles are being parked at the bottom of Dark lane and Elm Brook Close. Property owners have been contacted but the parish Council has no power to take any further action.
Water Leak has been repaired in Dark Lane has been repaired – to be monitored.
Road works on the bridge between Cuddington and Chearsley were more complex than expected, and an emergency extension was needed to finish work. The road will re-open on Friday 22nd May.
The Chairman will write to Bucks CC re notification of closure and very inadequate signage There was also no prior notification of the road closure on the 17th May for the Race for Life
Volunteers are needed for Action Items in the Village plan – this is to be included on agenda in future to review progress. Action has been taken on some of the items, but further input needed.
Cllr Heybrook advised the meeting that he was still personally pursuing the possibility of a cycle track to Haddenham, although the cost factors currently make it impracticable. Cllr Heybrook will report back to Parish Council of there are any further developments.
- HIGHWAYS AND OPEN AREAS
Cllr Mrs. Witcher reported that the approved contractor has quoted for setts in Dark Lane opposite Walnut Orchard and below the Rosary and repairs to the two traffic islands at the top of School and around the Chestnut Tree.
The Parish Council agreed to approve the start of the work, proposed Cllr Brown, and seconded Cllr Lewis. All agreed. It was noted that the contractor had suggested bollards in the driveway of affected properties , but it was agreed that this should be the responsibility of the individual property owners.
Cllr Edmonds was concerned that the setts would increase the width of the lane if the contractor cuts into the bank. He requested that the installation of the kerbs should respect the width of the lane. There was also concern that setts on one side could cause additional erosion opposite.
Cllr Brown will meet with the contractors prior to work starting
Best kept Village competition application has been submitted.
New Notice Board: It was suggested that a replacement notice board be installed at the bus shelter which would be fully glazed ,with one side locked and the other available for casual notices. The Chairman felt that the Parish council should not be responsible for CHUF notice board as well, but the two organizations could place and order together Pictures and quotes to be provided at next meeting.
Benches at the war memorial need restoration Quotes to be obtained
Removal of Flag Pole:It was agreed that it might be cheaper and more effective to get a new flag pole behind the war memorial, rather than excavate the concrete in the village hall grounds.
Red Telephone Box: The Chairman is still pursuing this personal project.
Bees Cottage, Aylesbury Road. A site meeting will be held on Friday 22nd May at 9.30 am
- ORDERS FOR PAYMENT AND FINANCIAL MATTERS
There were no orders for payment, The Clerk has done some research into Society Bank accounts and will approach Nat West regarding moving accounts from Lloyds
Approval of accounts and appointment of external auditor
The accounts will be checked by Chairman and Vice Chairman, prior to approval by the Parish Council
It was agreed that BKR Haines Watts be re-appointed as internal auditors.
Pension rules for Clerk to be checked
- Lower Green Lane Footpath – diversion to be considered.
- Defibrillator - a request has been made for a defibrillator in the village after an incident at the bus stop
- White Gates at entrances to village need restoration. Cllr Edmonds advised the meeting that micro grants might be available.
- The Parish Council was advised that there was a local auditor who might be prepared to carry out the internal audit
- Litter pick before Best Kept Village
- Volunteers will be needed to plant, scrub etc. Cllr Mrs. Witcher will coordinate
- It was noted that grants are available for cycle ways.
- The attention of the Parish council was drawn to the fact that mending potholes could increase the speed of delivery lorries in the lanes.
- The chairman advised the meeting that he was still pursuing the idea of a library in an old red phone box.
15th June 2015 (later changed to 8th June)
20th July 2015