26 Sep 2016

Minutes: 26th September 2016



DRAFT MINUTES

CHEARSEY PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2016 IN THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30 PM



PRESENT
Councillors:    Nic Brown (NB), John Lewis (JL), Paul Bown (PAB), Michael Edmonds (ME), John Howard (JH)
Parish Clerk: Venetia Davies (as interim Parish Clerk)
Parishioners:  There were 2 Parishioners


1.    APOLOGIES

Michael Heybrook (MH), Julia Witcher (JW).

2.    PARISHIONERS QUESTION TIME (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS) 15 MINUTES MAXIMUM

·         An overhanging hedge in Church Piece was reported to still be blocking the public footpath.  ACTION: CLERK to contact Aylesbury Vale Housing Association to ascertain responsibility.

3.    APPROVAL OF JULY 2016 MINUTES

Minutes were agreed as a true record and signed by Chairman, Nic Brown.

4.    MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

·         Missing dog bin at bottom of Church Lane.  ACTION: CLERK to notify AVDC.  Clerk to also ascertain number of dog bins and empties allocated to Chearsley and research costs for dog bag dispensers.  
·         AVDC planning portal.  Details circulated by JL.  ACTION: Councillors to register to receive planning alerts.
·         Pot holes. Some remaining.  Parishioners to be encouraged to report potholes on “Tell TfB” pages of BCC website: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/transport/tell-tfb.  ACTION: CLERK to check if Margaret Morbey has included on chearsley.blogspot.com.
·         Kerbing.  Site meeting arranged with 3 contractors.  ACTION: JW to oversee and circulate proposals and timetables to Councillors.
·         Verges.  Site meeting arranged with 3 contractors.  ACTION: JW to oversee and circulate proposals and timetables to Councillors.  It was agreed that responsibility of verges and hedges in village lanes be ascertain in order to agree a policy and schedule.  ACTION: CLERK to determine and agenda for October meeting.



5.    PC Governance

·         Arrangements for appointment of new Parish Clerk. 
Job description circulated and agreed by Councillors (copy attached).  Interviews for a new Parish Clerk will take place w/c 26th September.  Given the appointment of a voluntary Responsible Finance Officer (below), it was agreed the hours for the new Parish Clerk would be 16 hours a month (as a trial).
·         Appointment of Advisor – Responsible Financial Officer
In order to bring a greater degree of financial expertise to the management of its financial affairs, the Parish Council decided to separate the roles of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer and resolved:
1.    To create a separate post of Responsible Financial Officer (RFO)
2.    That the RFO will be an Officer of the Parish Council in accordance with Statutory requirements
3.    That the RFO will operate in accordance with the Job Description annexed to the minutes of this meeting (attached).
4.    That the RFO will be an unpaid role
5.    That the RFO may attend and speak at Parish Council meetings as appropriate to his/her role
6.    That the RFO will not have voting rights on the Parish Council
In making this Resolution, the Parish Council noted the individual and collective responsibility of Councillors for the proper administration of relevant public funds and that the appointment of an RFO does not in any way remove or change that responsibility. Councillors agreed to appoint Robert Parkes to the role of RFO for a period of 1 year commencing 1st October 2016.  This period to be extendable subject to mutual agreement between the Parish Council and Mr. Parkes. 
·         Thanks were paid to Venetia Davies, Clerk to Cuddington and Ashendon Parish Councils, for acting as interim Clerk during the recruitment process of a new Clerk to Chearsley.  ACTION: CLERK to invoice Parish Council so that payments can be listed in Order for Payment.

6.    PLANNING

a.    Result of Site Meetings held:
·         16/02254/APP: Bramley House, Shupps Lane, Chearsley, HP18 0DE
Widen existing vehicular access.
Parish Council has submitted supports application to AVDC. 

·         16/02305/APP: The Lodge, Church Lane, Chearsley, HP18 0DF
Demolition of existing garage/workshop, and erection of a detached two storey dwelling, plus amended parking to serve existing house.
Parish Council has submitted opposes application to AVDC. 
ACTION: NB or ME to register to speak at Committee Meeting and attend.  Date to be advised.

b.    New applications
·         16/03486/ATC: The Boot, Watts Green, Chearsley, HP18 0DD
T1 Ash on left of drive entrance.  Crown reduce in height by 2metres and sides by 1.5metres. Raise up to 1.4metres.  T2 Holly.  Crown raise to 2.5metres.  Crown reduce by 4metres approximately (Keep triangular shape).  Bring in sides by 2-2.5metres to reshape and balance.

·         16/03284/ATC: Lammas Cottage, School Lane, Chearsley, HP18 0BT
Clear trees and ivy which is growing into the roof of the house and to make some steps from the footpath which would allow rear access to Lammas Cottage.

The Parish Council had no objections to the above new applications (6b).

7.    VILLAGE PROJECTS INCLUDING HIGHWAYS

·         Asset Management Focus Group (4th August).  PAB attended meeting and has chased Minutes to circulate.  Opportunities to talk about individual village issues were limited.  Concerns over HGV’s were noted but thought to be very much ‘work in progress’.  A positive outcome was it was indicated that ‘Unsuitable for HGV’ signage can be positioned at the start of major roads in villages, which could deter HGV vehicles from entering.  ACTION: PAB to request Minutes (again).  CLERK to contact Cllr Paul Irwin for progress report on HGV traffic survey findings.

·         Speed in Village.  In addition to concerns over HGV traffic through the villages, the issue of speed in Chearsley was discussed.  It was agreed methods of reducing speed need to be revisited.  ACTION: JH to request a representative from BCC attend a forthcoming meeting to outline speed restriction measures.   JH also suggested that speed limit stickers displayed on wheelie bins could help to deter speed.   ACTION: JH to investigate in time for October meeting. 

·         Local Area Technician.  Dave Smith, has been appointed the new LAT (Local Area Technician) for Chearsley (following a reduction in LAT’s from 18 to 14). Contact details: 0845 230 2882, 01296 382416, Mobile 07753 851303.  It was agreed to invite Dave Smith for a village walk around with Councillors.  ACTION: CLERK to request village walk around.

·         Contractor/Village Handyman.  It was agreed to appoint a contractor or village handyman to undertake the village projects below.  ACTION: PAB/CLERK to enquire with local contractors/handyman for:
1.    Painting of railings by bus stop.
2.    Installation of Village noticeboard.
3.    Erection of Flagpole (Note: Martin Herman has volunteered to be new flag officer).  The old flagpole to be donated to the Cricket Club.  ACTION: JH to expedite. 

·         ‘No parking’ signs near bus stop and around village green.  ACTION: NB to source.

·         New bus stop signs and timetable.  New bus stop signs and timetable to be sourced and placed inside bus shelter. ACTION: JH to arrange.

·         Provision of Welcome to Chearsley sign. The provision of a ‘Welcome to Chearsley’ sign on Chilton Road to be agreed at next meeting.  White gates on other approach roads to also be restored/repainted.  ACTION: CLERK to agenda for October meeting.

·         Bollards for Village Green.  The provision of bollards to protect the village green were discussed.  ACTION: NB to research.

·         Defibrillator.  JH confirmed this will be part funded by the Village Fete.  ACTION: JH to research final costs.  CLERK to ascertain if a grant is available towards costs of Defibrillator from AVDC Community Chest. NB agreed to the installation of the Defibrillator on the shop facing wall of Byeways cottage. ACTION: NB to arrange installation.

·         Salt Bins.  ACTION: PAB to assess in time for winter months.

8.    ORDERS FOR PAYMENT AND FINANCIAL MATTERS

a.    Orders for payment approved: £1,050.00
·         £348.00 Pollarding of Walnut Tree, Church Lane
·         £240.00 JE Accountants, Internal Audit
·         £462.00 Advertisement for Parish Clerk

b.    Audit 2015/16
JL confirmed that the Annual Internal Audit Report had been completed and submitted to Mazars, and that The Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of electors' right for the year ended 31st March 2016 has been displayed on the Notice Board. 

c.    Parish Council Bank Account
It was agreed all Councillors should be signatories.  ACTION: JL to request mandate form, complete with Councillors and submit. 

d.    VAT Return
NB is compiling invoices for a VAT return to be submitted by JE Accountants (Internal Auditor for the Parish Council).  ACTION: NB to notify Councillors in due course.

9.    ANY OTHER BUSINESS

a.    It was agreed an update on the progress of the new village hall would be warmly welcomed.  ACTION: CLERK to invite Antonia Carr-Locke and other Committee members to attend a forthcoming Parish Council meeting.
b.    Congratulations were paid to Fred Crawford, John Howard and team for the tremendous job in organising the Chearsley Classic and Vintage Fun Day held in September.  The show is now in its 5th year and the number of volunteer helpers has risen to 30. 
c.    JL bought to the attention of Councillors the proposals for streamlining local government in Buckinghamshire.  ACTION: Councillors are invited to attend Cuddington Parish Council meeting (Monday 12th December at 7.30pm, Bernard Hall) where representatives of Bucks County Council will be outlining its case.

10.  DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING

·         Monday 17 October 2016
·         Monday 21 November 2016
·         Monday 12 December 2016